Effective Date March 2, 2023
- on our Site
- in emails, texts, and other electronic messages between you and Remedy Drinks; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy, does not, however, apply to information:
- collected by us offline or through any means other than as set forth above; or
- collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from remedydrinks.ca. Please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices. We value and seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about third-party links.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information you provide to us
you may provide the following information to us directly:
- Contact information, including name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
- Health information, when you submit product reviews or feedback.
- Age and gender when you submit product reviews.
- Location information when you provide your postal code via our product locator.
- Information contained in your communications to us, including content provided in survey responses, completing online forms, or call recordings of customer service calls.
- Information you make available to us via a social media platform.
- you may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of our Sites or transmitted to other users of our Sites or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”), for example, when you post a review about our products. Please be aware that your User Contributions are available to the general public and therefore are posted on our Site and transmitted to others at your own risk, as we cannot control the actions of other users of our Sites who will have access to your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed and/or used by unauthorized persons.
- Any other information you submit to us.
Information collected through automatic data collection technologies
Like many websites, we, and partners working on our behalf, use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, log files, and similar digital tracking technologies to record your preferences, track the use of our Site and measure exposure to our online advertisements. We may also use these technologies to monitor traffic, improve the Site, and make it easier to use and more relevant.
These digital tracking technologies may collect the following:
- Device information, including IP address, location information, device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
- Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our website, app, and electronic newsletters.
- Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
- Advertising information, including special advertising and other unique identifiers that enable us or third parties working on our behalf to target advertisements to you. Please be aware that our advertising partners may collect information about you when you visit third-party websites or use third-party apps. They may use that information to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
- Business record information, including records of your purchases of our products.
The following is a list of our partners who collect the information described above. Please follow the links to find out more information about the partner’s privacy practices or see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” section below for information on how you can opt out of targeted advertisements on our Site.
|Partner||Information Type Collected|
|Google Analytics||Analytics; Advertising|
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources:
- Contact information and information about your interests and purchases, from consumer data providers.
- Information about your interests and activities from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Services, or ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
- If you decide to invite others to engage with us, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers to send an email or text message and follow up with the other person. you agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent before giving us his or her contact information. you also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Site and their content to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our Site or any products we offer or provide though them;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- to improve or grow our Sites, including to understand how our Site are being used, our customer base and purchasing trends, and the effectiveness of our marketing;
- to contact you about our products that may be of interest to you and other direct marketing services;
- to protect and secure our Site, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal;
- to comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements; and
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We may disclose or share information that we collect as described in this Policy:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and/or to perform business functions on our behalf;
- to social media platforms when you interact with us on those platforms;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our equity or assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Site’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent;
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or any other agreement; or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Remedy Drinks, our customers, or others.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Site. Also please keep in mind that unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site and any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Site.
Our Site are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of 16 may provide any information to or on our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on any of our Site or through any of their features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of our Site, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent or from Canadian consumers under the age of 16 without that consumer’s consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us here.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
We may collect, process, and store your information in the Canada and other countries. The laws in the Canada regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Email Promotional Offers
If you receive communications from us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails. This opt out does not apply to transactional or relationship-related emails from us, such as information about the status of your order, a response to your request for information, or legal notices.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. you can learn more about the options available to limit these third parties’ use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt-out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings. For more information about how to change these settings, see the support information for Apple, Android or Windows devices.
We may offer you the opportunity to participate in special promotions and programs from time to time. Your participation is voluntary. If we provide this offer, we will obtain your consent to collect your Personal Information in connection with your participation. The category of Personal Information we collect is your Personal Identifiers, such as name and contact information, which we use to facilitate your participation in the program and to market to you. If we run the program jointly with a business partner, we may disclose the information to that business partner.
you may opt into the program using the means we present to you, such as an online registration page, at the time we make the offer. you may opt out of the program at any time by following the instructions in the “Contacting Us, Submitting Requests, and Our Response Procedures” section below.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by Canadian law or regulation, We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. Generally, we determine the retention period for personal information based on (1) the length of time we need to retain the information to achieve the business or commercial purpose for which it was obtained, (2) any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to such information, (3) internal operational needs, and (4) any need for the information based on any actual or anticipated investigation or litigation.
Under some circumstances, We may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you.
What Is Our Legal Basis?
In Canada, we only collect, use or share information about you when we have a valid reason. This is called “lawful basis.” Specifically, this is one of the following:
a) The clear and informed consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your information
b) The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject or
c) “Legitimate interest” is a technical term under Canadian law, including Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). It means that there are good reasons for the processing of your personal information, and that we take measures to minimize the impact on your privacy rights and interests. “Legitimate interest” also refers to our use of your data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact.
We believe the legitimate interest test is met in accordance with the foregoing uses as described above.
Changes to Our Policy
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about its handling of personal information, our compliance with the Policy, and with applicable privacy laws. Please contact our Privacy Officer should any questions arise regarding the Policy
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of its personal information you may email our Privacy Officer to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that it has provided to Us.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information based on our legitimate interest or that of a third party — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of, or the keeping of, your personal information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you’d like to exercise any of the above rights, contact us. In your request, please be specific. State the information you want changed, whether you’d like your information suppressed from our database or whether there are limitations you’d like us to put on how we use your personal information. Please use the email address linked to that personal information — we only complete requests on the information linked to your email address. To verify your identity, we will email the email address you provide us, and which matches our records, and wait for your response. In some instances we may also ask for additional information. This is how we verify your identity before complying.
We’ll respond to your request in a manner consistent with Canadian law.
User Contributions: Users who post User Contributions on our Sites may contact us here to request that we delete any of your User Contributions. However, even if your User Contributions are deleted from our Sites, copies of your User Contributions may nonetheless remain viewable in cached and archived page copied or stored by other users.