Just in time for Easter, Remedy nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill has made the perfect recipe for delicious carrot and chocolate cookies. A healthy and delicious alternative to traditional Easter treats!
Chocolate & Carrot Easter Bunny Cookies
Makes 14-16 cookies
Gluten free, dairy free
- 4 tbsp (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 free range egg
- 2 tbsp (40ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1/2-1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium (90g) carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup (95g) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 cups (230g) almond meal
Heat oven to 170°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Add olive oil, egg, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Add carrot, dark chocolate and almond meal. Mix until a dough forms.
Measure 1 1/2 tbsp of dough onto tray, roll, then gently press down with the back of a fork or your fingers.
Place in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Allow to cool completely on the tray. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.